What is Business Coaching?
Business coaching is a process used to take any business from where it is now to where the business owner wants it to be, it is all about two main questions- Where and How?
Where is your company standing at the moment? Where should be the envisioned destination? And How to go there?
“What got you here won’t get you there” and here comes the role of the business coach.
Business Coaching will help you as the Managing Director, Business Owner or Senior Executive to set better goals, reach your goals faster, make better decisions and improve your organization profitability and financial health.
Business Coaching is about the future: discovering your potential and achieving it – fast.
Business coaching helps you grow your business through professional and personal development, which promotes continuous growth and strength.
Business coaching provides advice and brainstorming to create and implement strong business and growth plans.
It’s about creating success and reaching your potential in your business by gaining clarity on your business vision, and finding a direct path to your goals.
Why do you need business coaching?
No matter who you are, what level you have reached, or how well you are doing, a business coach will take you to the next step. There is always something you can learn in order to move ahead.
The sole aim of business coaching is to find someone to depend on, think out loud with, give advice, make resources available, use his wide network, build on his long year of experience and stay around till the company reaches the destination envisioned by the owner.
Is your business not making a substantial profit?
If your business isn’t making enough profit, you should definitely consider business coaching. A business coach can teach you effective methods to move your business to a healthier position. The areas you will cover with your business mentor will apply to more than one business segment and, in fact, to the entire business industry. This means that you will learn general principles of becoming successful that pertain to any kind of business.
Are you unsure of what to do next to make your business grow?
You need business consultation to keep you more accountable for your operations and to focus on what should be done to make it grow. A good consultant will guide you every step of the way, then help you put what you have learned into practice.
Are you afraid of taking/leaving opportunities?
You need a savvy person to lead you in the right direction and guide you through the process of running your company. An experienced coach will put you on track and let you know what exactly to do when the best business opportunities come your way. A coach is therefore an advisor, mentor, and consultant who helps make your business more successful.
You don’t know if you have the right people in your company or who else you need to hire?
With coaching, you will be able to recruit the right people for your organization. As you start a new small business, your aim will no doubt be to develop it into a bigger, better organization. You will therefore need a team of experts within various departments of the company. With proper training, you will get valuable insight into choosing the right people.
Business coaching will help you:
- Setting appropriate goals and methods of assessing progress in relation to these goals;
- Facilitate the exploration of needs, motivations, desires, skills and thought processes to assist the individual in making real, lasting change.
- Encourage a commitment to action and the development of lasting personal growth & change.
- Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, which means that the coach is at all times supportive and non-judgmental of the client;
- Evaluate the outcomes of the process, using objective measures wherever possible to ensure the relationship is successful and the client is achieving their personal goals.
- Encourage clients to continually improve competencies and to develop new developmental alliances where necessary to achieve their goals.
- Work within their area of personal competence.
- Possess qualifications and experience in the areas that skills-transfer coaching is offered.
- Manage the relationship to ensure the client receives the appropriate level of service and that programs are neither too short, nor too long.
How Business Coaching works?
- As a first step, we meet the client to know where the company is at the moment. And where the owner wants it to be in the near future? We observe, listen and ask questions to understand the client’s situation
- Then we go through a thorough discussion about the company, industry, competition, pricing, financial situation of the company, and all other related topics. In this step, we use questioning techniques to facilitate client’s own thought processes in order to identify solutions and actions rather than takes a wholly directive approach.
- Consequently, we develop The Plan that should get the company to where it is meant to be according to the owners’ vision.
- After that, the plan is taken to the deepest possible details to finally represent the road show that the company should go along during the coaching period and after.
- We agree on roles, responsibilities, and ways to measure the progress along the road.
- Regular meetings then follow to make sure the execution is on the right track, otherwise, corrective action plan is developed to lessen the deviation.
- Along the way, we creatively apply tools and techniques which may include one-to-one training, facilitating, counseling & networking.